Khurshid Iqbal, Ph.D.
Dr. Iqbal has 25 years of domestic and international experience in pharmaceutical development. He has headed up solid dosage development, sterile products within leading multinational pharmaceutical organizations such as R. W. Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Hoffmann-LaRoche, and E. R. Squibb & Sons. He has been responsible for developing and filing the technical sections of 6 NDAs, including the first marketed protein, interferon alpha-2a, and over 12 INDs in both large and small molecule drug products. He is the former Section Chair of the Biotec Section of AAPS (American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists) and a member of the Sigma Xi Society. He received his Ph.D. in Pharmacokinetics from the University of Sciences, Philadelphia. He has worked in different capacities from bench scientist all the way to Senior Vice President of at E.R. Squibb, Roche, R.W. Johnson, West Pharmaceuticals, and KBI Bio-Pharma NC USA.
UWAIS M. SYED, R.Ph , Ph.D.
(Ph. D in Pharmaceutics & Drug delivery)
Dr. Syed is a seasoned pharmaceutical Scientist/Pharmacist and an Engineer by profession. He received his masters in Manufacturing Systems Engineering from Ohio , University. He received his Ph.D in Pharmaceutics from Long Island University, NY and researched extensively on Lipid based delivery system of peptides and hard to absorb small molecules. He has worked in the various capacities as research/technical service scientist/engineer to validation Manager at Glaxo, Ciba, Wyeth, and Immunomedics, NJ. Dr. Syed has extensive skills, knowledge, and experience in analytical techniques linked to product development, process engineering, and validation of solid, liquid, and sterile products.
Technical Areas of Expertise
- Delivery of peptides/ Hydrophilic drug using lipids -Research Thesis.
- Cell culture, drug-cell interaction, Bio-assay.
- Liposomes and cochleation of lipid based delivery system.
- Research and Validation Protocols development /execution.
- Pre-formulation and characterization studies. Simulation towards formulation
- Calorimetric techniques, DOE, QbD, Biostatistics, simulation towards solid dosage formulation.
- Microbial Enumeration/ USP methods execution towards OTC herbal products.
- Patents filing for in-house OTC products at Syenz Laboratory.
- Process Engineering and Validation.
- Hands on experience with manufacturing and analytical instruments/ equipment granulators (Glatt, Vector), tablet compressors (Fette, Kilian), encapsulator (Zanasi), coaters (Accela batch, vector continuous), and analytical equipment (including HPLC/spectrophotometer, particle sizer, Freeze fracture, Scanning Electron Microscopy, Transmission Electron Microscopy, Differential Scanning Calorimetry